David C. Lin, Ph.D.
2001-Present Associate Professor, IPN, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
2008-Present Associate Professor, Chemical and Bio Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
1987 B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1989 M.S. Biomedical Engineering, Northwest University
1997 Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, Northwest University
Prior Academic Appointments
Visiting Scientist, Stanford University, 2009-2010
Honors and Awards
2006 Outstanding Teacher Award in Bioengineering, Washington State University
2007 Reid Miller Outstanding Teacher Award, Washington State University
Army Research Office: "Ballistic motor performance in kangaroo rats"
Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy 2i Research Foundation: "Assessment of Muscle Function in LGMD2i Mouse Models"
- Maricelli, J.W., Lu Q.L., Lin D.C., Rodgers, B.D. Trendelenburg-Like Gait, Instability and Altered Step Patterns in a Mouse Model for Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy 2i. PLoS ONE 11(9): e0161984, 2016.
- Vasavada, A.N., Nevins, D.D., Monda, S.M., Hughes, E., and Lin, D.C. Gravitational Demand on the Neck Musculature during Tablet Computer Use. Ergonomics 58(6): 990-1004, 2015.
- Borisov, V.V. and Lin, D.C.Temperature fluctuations in the lower limbs of young and elderly individuals during activities of daily living. Experimental Gerontology. 57: 243-249, 2014.
- Lin D.C., Godbout, D., and Vasavada, A.N. Assessing the perception of human-like mechanical impedance for robotic systems. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems. 43(5): 479-486, 2013.
- Gollapudi, S.K. and Lin, D.C. Prediction of the in vivo Force-Velocity Relationship of Human Skeletal Muscle from Measurements in Type I Single Myofibers. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 41(8): 1767-1777, 2013.
- Darnall N.D., Donovan, C., Aktar, S., Tseng, H., Barthelmess, P., Cohen, P., and Lin, D.C. Application of machine learning and numerical analysis to classify tremor in patients affected with essential tremor or Parkinson’s disease. Gerontechnology. 10(4):208-219, 2012.
- Lin, D.C., Hershey, J.D., Mattoon, J.S., and Robbins, C.T. Muscles of hibernating brown bears are unusually resistant to effects of denervation. Journal of Experimental Biology. 215:2081-2087, 2012.
- Gollapudi, S.K. and Lin, D.C. Experimental determination of sarcomere force-length relationship in type-I human skeletal muscle fibers. Journal of Biomechanics. 42(13):2011-6, 2009.